Care & Protection (FACS matters)

Care and protection Wollongong

If Family and Community Services (‘FACS’) becomes involved with your family, it is important to obtain legal advice about your rights and obligations. If FACS has commenced court proceedings in relation to your children, we recommend you see a solicitor early in the matter so you know where you stand.

If final orders were previously made in relation to children, you may be able to make an application to change those orders if there has been a significant change in circumstances. We can advise you about your prospects of success in relation to changing final orders.

We have solicitors on the Legal Aid Panel for Care and Protection matters. If you are in receipt of Centrelink payments or earn a modest income then you may enquire about your eligibility for Legal Aid.